Carer Training Programme
New staff attend a full day in house induction we affectionately call “Boot Camp” !
We teach our ways of working and the core care values that are promoted to all our Service Users and their families. From this point on every new staff member completes 11 online course with the Care Skills Academy see below) and 2 practical courses in Moving and Positioning and Medication Administration.
Shadow our Training Mentors
Once the probationary period is complete, which is a minimum of 6 months, does the staff member no longer be seen as a trainee.
Our staff are supported every day and formerly supervised every 6 weeks but are communicated with on a daily basis.
Mandatory Courses Attended at Induction:
- Safeguarding Adults Training
- Safe Handling of Medicines
- Infection Control
- Moving and Positioning Theory
- Dementia Awareness Training
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Training.
- Food Safety Training
- Health and Safety Training
- Emergency Aid Training
- Fire Awareness Training
- Pressure Care Training
Additional Training Programme
Our additional training programme is completed during employment after the induction is completed. This programme is skill set, therefore, it depends on the staff members job role within the company as to what additional courses they attend, but as a general rule we prefer everyone to attend every course.
Some of the courses we provide, depending on the role of the employee are:
(Employees will definitely enrol on at least one of the following within 6 months of their employment):
- Certificate in the Principles of End Of Life Level 2 / 3
- Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3 , 4 or 5 at a suitable level for their role
- Full Framework Apprenticeships.
Additional Continual Professional Development Courses Completed by Employees:
- Moving and Positioning for Bariatric Patients
- Dignity in Care (Daisy Accreditation)
- Continence Care
- Oral Hygiene
- Customer Services Diploma Level 2 & 3
- Palliative Care and End of Life Care Level 3
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Person Centred Planning
- Food Safety – Accredited Awards
- Supervision and Appraisal Training
- Recruitment and Selection Training.
- Communication at End of Life
- Peg Tube Care
- Stoma Care
- First Aid at Work
- Team Leading Training
- Dysphagia Training
- Administration Processes Training.
- CITRUS Training
- Cough Assist / NIV Training
- Dementia with a learning Disability
- Support & Enable Communication Skills with Individuals who live with